Goodyear MT/R's ?

^ E rated ones- this is what I ran on my game warden truck for a decade or so; currently what resides on my 2nd gen Tacoma

I don't know the exact number of gravel miles I was putting on my warden truck, but it was a LOT :D
yep, E rated ones for sure. I have them on my ford f-150 & tundra and they have been all over MT,WY,CO,ND, & SD hunting with zero flats. It was also the only tire we trusted on our pickups when working in the bakken.

nphunter

WKR
I ran Pro Comp MT2's on my Rubicon with great luck, ran them almost bald and never had a flat, 95% of the miles were off asphalt either on gravel or mountain roads. I currently have Kenda Klever R/T's on my Taco and they have been great, good sidewalls, good traction and no issues. Just like the Jeep, 90% of the miles are off highway and I've never had a flat, I also run 24lbs in my fronts and 22lbs in the rear most of the time and even less when going to the woods a lot. IMO people run way too much pressure in their tires which causes lots of issues. The only time I run over 25 is if I'm headed out of state down the freeway and I air down as soon as I get where I'm going.

Take a balloon and fill it up tight, now poke it with a pencil and see how easy it pops, now fill one up halfway and do the same thing. The balloon with less air is much harder to pop, the same principle with tires, especially with rocks. Last fall I went on a hunt in SE OR on the NV border, the #1 piece of advice I got was to bring 2 spare tires. I aired down as soon as I left the asphalt and had zero issues driving around for an entire week up there.

I ran MT/Rs in three different sizes on my street driven crawler with excellent results. I flattened one with a branch through the sidewall on a wet El Dorado canyon trail late at night, probably would not have been an issue if I was running Es other than the Cs that are way better for crawling. I still think they are the best all around offroad slanted tire. Not bad on the road (but they do flat spot a little if left parked), awesome in the rocks, way better than the KO2 in the snow, better wear than the Duratrac. I have Nittos on my hunting truck and haven't flattened one yet.