Hamskea Rest Comparison

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if Hamskea still offers the spring & cord tensioner bracket with the o-ring on it, but my experience is to avoid that setup. When I bought my trinity it came with the above setup and I noticed that the cord tensioner wore the activation cable pretty quickly. I've also had two different friends that had their spring break.
I went to the teardrop arm and rubber dampener setup, and also just use a Blake's Hitch to hold cord tension. I like this setup WAY more than the spring & o-ring bracket setup.
I'd also highly recommend taking the time to mark up an arrow and verify the rest support timing, Hamskea recommends it to be between 70% and 50%. Really helps to ensure you have the activation cord tied off on the limb in the most optimal spot.

Hamskea recommended the Trinity Hunter for my older bow.Good to know as I was about to pull the trigger on a epsilon.

Looking to replace my cheap QAD rest, and think I’ve settled on Hamskea. I have no delusions that a rest will shink my groups to the size of a quarter, but want to buy something solid and move it to my next bow if I upgrade down the road. For you guys with experience, is the Epsilon worth the upgrade, or will one of their older models do everything I need? I would much rather buy the best now than want to upgrade later.

Details:
-Shooting regularly for one year
-Bow: Mission MXR, may upgrade down the road
-Primarily whitetail, but may end up being used for western game
-I target shoot for practice, but no plans to shoot competitively
I recommend the Epsilon, but once cry once. I had the HHP Micro and got rid of it because I did not like the micro tube, the knobs would rattle around unless you crank them down after tightening the axes.

jslove

FNG
I started with vapor trail (older son still has it on his V3), then hamskea (still have on my V3X, and most recently acquired a QAD (on an RX7 Ultra). I can see why people like the QAD’s flip-up launcher containment system and its low weight (although I’m not an ounce counter on my bow). However, I don’t find it to be an issue to simply keep my index finger on the arrow shaft if I have one nocked while moving around with the Vapor Trail or Hamskea. Sometimes I forget to flip up the QAD before drawing and I don’t like that at all.

One thing to note is that you can cut your arrows a little shorter with a Vapor Trail or QAD than with a Hamskea. I used to worry about this but don’t anymore.

Also, I have two very reputable bow shops here on the front range and both highly recommend either Hamskea or Vapor Trail over QAD for durability, reliability, and ease of field repair (limb driven vs cable driven). The QAD came with a used RX7 Ultra I purchased and I haven’t personally had problems. That said, it does feel a bit frail and I seem to not be very easy on my bows in the field.

I will put an Epsilon on the Ultra in the next year. Got the Vapor Trail dovetail mounted version for my younger son’s Prima as they’ve been reliable for me and it’s quite light which is good for him as he’s still smaller and excessive weight factors negatively into his accuracy.

However, I don’t find it to be an issue to simply keep my index finger on the arrow shaft if I have one nocked while moving around with the Vapor Trail or Hamskea.

This. Its actually more secure doing this, and the arrow moves around less. I also line the front of my shelf and about 2" up 1 side of the riser next to the shelf with the soft side of adhesive velcro and even if I dont have my finger pinning the arrow down, its not making noise.

jslove

FNG
This. It’s actually more secure doing this, and the arrow moves around less. I also line the front of my shelf and about 2" up 1 side of the riser next to the shelf with the soft side of adhesive velcro and even if I dont have my finger pinning the arrow down, its not making noise.
No doubt. I forgot to mention using some felt and maybe one of those stick-on rubber arrow holders, but yeah… I prefer to maximize simple, bombproof, and accurate without giving up energy ( a la whisker biscuit) which to me is Hamskea. Also I find the QAD launcher noisy and cumbersome to flick back down if I need to take my arrow off which can be a common occurrence with spot and stalk.

Je942010

FNG
I’ve used the Hybrid Hunter pro, trinity Hunter pro and Epsilon. All 3 have micro adjust and I’ve never had any reliability issues with any. I currently have a hybrid hunter on my Rx1 and an Epsilon on my Rx7 ultra. Never had one come out of tune or had any issues in all kids of weather from 100+ down to single digits.

ATL

FNG
I have no complaints with the HHP for the last 7 years on a Halon 6. I am considering an Hamskea Everest for a new bow this year. It appears to be similar to the HHP, just slimmed down. Anyone with experience?