Hanwag Makra Light GTX vs Crispi Lapponia II GTX

gtriple

WKR
Down to these two boots. I've been running the Hanwag Alverstone II GTX for the past few years and love them, but I'm looking for something a bit lighter and for less technical terrain.

These two are about the same weight and flex rating. I like the idea of the locking buckle on the laces because I've had a bit of slip on the Alverstones. The Crispis can be found much cheaper. The Hanwags can be resoled.

Has anybody tried both of these and have a comparison?

Samson7x

WKR
Picked up some makra lights for a lighter hiker style boot and really like them. Enough support but more range of motion with the 6” height. They aren’t as flexible as I was anticipating but no break in needed. Plenty of grip and I like the lace lock, never had to worry about it. The tongue is a crossover style so be aware of that. I didn’t know that when I bought them and was skeptical. I don’t have any issue with it after wearing them, can’t tell a difference. I lucked out and got them for about $100 off from a go hunt sale.

No direct comparison with the lapponia so can’t help there. I did have some summits though. I also want to try the zamberlan salathe that may interest you.

10ringer

WKR
I own both and they are very different. The Makra light is like a low-cut Alverstone like boot. You get a similar footbed and crazy good grip with the added range of motion being a shorter boot. I like these for trail hikes and weighted pack training. They don’t have the ankle support of the Alverstone and lack when side hilling.

The Lapponia is more flexible and feels similar to salmon footwear. It’s taller and provides a little better ankle support. It definitely feels more like a tennis shoe when hiking flat ground. The grip isn’t as beefy as the Makras so you have to be more cautious sidehilling on mud or wet grass. Last note, the Lapponia has a roomy toe box. If you have a wide foot they will work. The makras have an alpine cut and run a little on the narrow size. If you sidehill a bunch, I found the Lapponias slide around more giving me blisters on my toes, whereas the makras hold my foot firmly in place. Always a trade off in footwear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
No experience owning Hanwags, but my favorite boot I’ve ever worn is the Lapponia. I’ve packed some heavy loads and put lots of miles in steep terrain and the soft flex has never been a problem. I tried Hanwags on last summer before buying my Lapponia 2’s and I didn’t even have to lace up the Hanwags to tell they don’t fit my foot. They fit VERY different from one another, so try both on before buying for sure. Lapponias have a very flat footbed with minimal arch, a wide forefoot, and a narrower heel pocket.

Also, Crispi’s can definitely be resoled. Several threads on here about it, including a review that Jim Carr did of Crispi’s resole job provided by their approved cobbler in central Utah. Big players in Crispi resoling circles are Gary’s Shoes in Richfield Utah and Mr. Cobbler Co in Grand Junction.