Harbor Freight-Apache Rifle Case Sale

When would you use it, on a plane? I couldn’t imagine lugging my guns around in it on a hunting trip?
I assume these are similar to the Pelican cases. Yeah they're a little heavier but it's not anything cumbersome to move around and protects the rifles much better than the flimsy cases so no worries about throwing them in the truck bed and vibrating down a poorly bladed caliche dirt road.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I had one of these. Sold with a rifle though. It’s really heavy. Built like a tank but it’s huge. Make sure that’s what you want.

TX_Diver

WKR
Hmmm.. Local store has them in stock.

Anyone else flown with theirs?

How do these compare to Pelican or SKB or other "more legit" brands?

I flew with it to Alabama this winter. I put my rifle in a soft case and loaded it up with clothes to save space vs only putting my rifle in there. That worked well

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider

Flown with mine to Alaska last year. Like guy above, I took one of the foam layers out and stuffed case with clothes. I thought it did its job so well I just went and bought another.

JoeRjolin

Lil-Rokslider
I used it 3 times (go out, back in a half hour later) and picked up the carry-on size, the next size down (4800), and the next size down (3800), and my son picked up the carry-on size also. These are great for camera equipment.

I would say they are on par with the regular Pelican cases, but more stout than the Pelican Air. Heavier though, too.