Has anybody hunted with Oufitter John Cole in Oregon?

bertsch

FNG
I'm trying to find a reliable guide to do my first guided rifle elk hunt. I've searched but haven't found any comments or reviews on John Cole (or his son Cody) in Oregon. John has been doing guided hunts for 25+ years yet I can't find a single review of his operation. Does anybody have any experience with him? Thanks!

Last edited:

id450

WKR
No, I’ve never hired a guide but I’d assume he has a reference list if you ask him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oregon

WKR
I have not hunted with him. I have heard his name for years, and nothing negative.
Wro (a member on here) would know him. Search member list and send him PM

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to find a reliable guide to do my first guided rifle elk hunt. I've searched but haven't found any comments or reviews on John Cole (or his son Cody) in Oregon. John has been doing guided hunts for 25+ years yet I can't find a single review of his operation. Does anybody have any experience with him? Thanks!

I've got a friend that hunts with him every year and has for the past many years. There's a group of like 5 or 6 guys every year and they're overall VERY successful, year in and year out.

WRO

WKR
I have not hunted with him. I have heard his name for years, and nothing negative.
Wro (a member on here) would know him. Search member list and send him PM
I know Cody, good guy and has a nice operation. The Coles kill more elk than wolves it seems. The reason you can't find a review is they're always booked with repeat clients.

He's one of the few in Oregon I'd recommend that have a consistent pattern of success without a lot of "noise" around them.

Crayfin guides for his dad John as well.

I've spent my fair share of time around several guys who've guided for John and everyone of them is good people and talented.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
B

bertsch

FNG
Thanks for the feedback guys! I've decided to book a hunt with John for 2020.

bdan68

WKR
Four of us did a cow elk hunt with John Cole back in 2004. Everything was great. Good guides, nice comfortable camp, good food, etc. The only bad thing is my hunt ended too soon- the first morning. My brother got his elk at the same time. And actually all four of us got our elk the first day. I did get to go out with Cody and some of the other guides in the afternoon and look at several nice bull elk at a distance with spotting scopes. I have zero doubt you'll have a good hunt if you go with John Cole.

Uncmikel

FNG
I’m writing this as I chow down on an elk I got with Cody Cole. They have a great outfit and we’re super professional. Their access to private land is remarkable and their staff are hard working and honest. I’m headed back in feb for another meat hunt with him and in October for a public land hunt. Highly recommend.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted with John and Cody and know both well. They are awesome, great people, work their asses off, and you will go home calling them your friends. Oh, and they will get you on animals. They are good guides and good people.