Has anyone used the Canvas tents from Whiteduck

Luked

WKR
Been looking at some base camp type tents for my next trip out.
Have looked just online at a few like Davis, Montana, Kodiak.
I have also had a Cabelas Alkanak in the past as well and dont want to go that route this time.
Would like something a little heavier as far as material as the Alkanak is a tad touchy on wood stoves and fire embers as I know.
In searching around today I found Whiteduck tents.
They have a 10' bell that looks pretty interesting to me.
Have any of you all used them before or know anything about them?

Not really particular to one style or the other more so than Price.
What do you know about the Whiteduck?

What do you know about the Whiteduck?
I know enough to the point where it would be unwise to say what I know.

Very serious question: Would anyone who has used a tent put the window closure on the outside of the tent? The follow up to that is asking how that person got put in charge of designing a tent.

Screenshot_20230510-182604.png

I got the 13’ Avalon recently and took it out for 3 nights this past Christmas. Camped in central CO at 9k ft and had some stiff winds (40ish mph). I was very happy with it in general and how it stood up to wind. Haven’t gotten to take it out again yet, unfortunately. Disclaimer that this is my only experience with canvas tents so far. But I anticipate getting many years of hard use out of it. Time will tell. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Can't offer any info specifically on Whiteduck, but they seem to be one of the most highly rated in the bell tents.

We recently sold our SO 12-Man tipi, in favor of a 5-meter bell tent. Having also previously had a 12x14 wall tent. The bell tent has the feel of canvas, with the simple setup of a tipi. I mean, it's new to us, but at first blush, we like it.

Our bell tent is the Khan 500 from KingCamp. It's a cotton/poly blend fabric, about 11oz/yd. Billed as a 4-season tent. 16 ft diameter, about 9.5 ft tall at the peak, walls are about 2.5 ft so cots can go near the walls. This is about 75lbs of tent, plus about 25 lbs of stakes/poles. It's big and heavy. If you are willing to suffer that, it's a pretty nice tent.

Here's a couple pics and a short vid.

wytJhKy.jpg

fQb643e.jpg

Back