HELP!!! Kuiu backpack buckle broke need replacement

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
I was double checking my fit for a scouting trip and broke an ear on my backpack buckle. Ordered a replacement with Kuiu but need an alternative for s scouting trip this weekend. Going from Sheridan WY to Gunnison CO would like to pickup in Casper or Cheyenne for quicker in/out preferably. Brand and where.....I don’t wanna use my eberlestock if possible. Thanks

ChrisAU

WKR
The main buckle? Take one off another pack if you have one, doesn't have to be exact match to get you by. If you have an REI near you they probably have an assortment of 1.5" buckles.

Which buckle?

If its one of the 3/4" side release buckles (anything other than the main waist belt buckle), pretty sure you won't find them in a store anywhere - they are one of about 50 duraflex brand buckles.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Main buckle. My Eberlestock stock is wider/bigger and won’t do. There’s no REI in WY, I’ve checked. Don’t know the stores going south just looking for a place that may have something similar. Thanks for the feedback guys

Main buckle. My Eberlestock stock is wider/bigger and won’t do.

I wouldn't know for sure without looking at it, but would it work if you use both sides? Take both the male and female buckles off the kuiu and use the eberlestock one.

Is there a sportsmans warehouse along the way? They typically have a big assortment of buckles. You likely won't find a male buckle that will fit the kuiu female, but you should be able to find a set that will work.

ChrisAU

WKR
Yep that's what I meant, a full buckle. I broke the buckle on a buddie's Kuiu Ultra a few months back, he used a 2" Kifaru one I had to get him by until he got a new one from Kuiu and it worked fine.

jspradley

WKR
Just take off both sides and use the entire buckle off your other pack.

Won't be pretty but so long as your strap is narrower than the buckle it should work.

Walmart usually carries a few replacement buckles and those are everywhere

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
There's a Sportsmens Warehouse in Cheyenne and Casper. They should have something that would work.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I remember Jason Hariston saying he always takes an extra belt buckle on trips, I started doing that a few years back, I always have a spare belt buckle around.

muddydogs

WKR
I remember Jason Hariston saying he always takes an extra belt buckle on trips, I started doing that a few years back, I always have a spare belt buckle around.
I carry a spare in my back at all times. Nothing sucks worse then braking a buckle when your getting ready to shoulder a pack full of meat.

gumbl3

WKR
Could also try an army surplus.. Should have something on the cheap to rob a buckle from

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Made it Gunny. Picked up one In Casper. It’s not as tight a fit as I would like but it beats using the eberlestock.