help with rings

bnsafe

WKR
anybody know where I might be able to pick up a set up 1 inch low or medium sportsmatch rings for a tikka lite im buying tomorrow. I looked at the guy in az but those are on backorder and I dont know when they will get in. Our season starts in 4 weeks so Im kinda in need now. I thought about going with talley to keep it cheap then switch out next year but hate to buy twice. Do yall not like talleys cause they lose zero, or cause some have broken?
This will be wearing a trijicon accupoint 3x9x40 either this year or next. I want something that is gonna hold zero and be as close to bombproof as possible.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
ok, tikka is bought. still trying to decide on rings. the um look great but looked like they only came in 30 mm and the trijicon is a 1 inch scope. Im still open to some ideas as Ive never owned a tikka.
Also, anyone that uses 2 piece rings, any problem with mounting a trijicon length wise? I really wanna keep the weight down so hate to go with a rail, but I guess I can if needed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
ok, tikka is bought. still trying to decide on rings. the um look great but looked like they only came in 30 mm and the trijicon is a 1 inch scope. Im still open to some ideas as Ive never owned a tikka.
Also, anyone that uses 2 piece rings, any problem with mounting a trijicon length wise? I really wanna keep the weight down so hate to go with a rail, but I guess I can if needed.
You could look for a set of the old 1” rings that shipped with the t3 rifles. Those attached to the rail and have a recoil lug.

The Hawkins precision stuff is good but you might not want the built in elevation.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
I dont need elevation. I only shoot 50 to 100 yds, no more than 300 ever. I will see if I can find a set of the old ones. Thanks

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
I cant find a old set. This search is pretty much ruining the purchase for me tho. How hard can it be to find quality rings to fit a tikka in the low 1 inch version.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I cant find an old set. This search is pretty much ruining the purchase for me tho. How hard can it be to find quality rings to fit a tikka in the low 1 inch version.
I might have a set of the old t3 rings but I won’t be able to look until later this evening.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
A huge shout out to a fellow rok slider. He had a set of rings he hadnt used yet and sold them to me at cost beings Im in a time crunch. Greatly appreciated.