Hill People Gear Kit Bag

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
Any use any Kit Bags or packs from
Hill People Gear? I was thinking of going with the recon kit bag to replace my AGC bino harness with a bigger pack so I can fit the handgun and extra mag in it instead of wearing a chest holster with the AGC pack..

jolemons

WKR
I just started using one so that i can run a gun and 8x32s. My advice is to find a small molle pouch to run on the front for binos. I have an agc that i run with 10x42s for hunting, and am a former user of fhf. In my opinion, unless you're running big glass, the hpg is superior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
Okay thanks for the feedback. Which HPG pack are you running?

I loved mine, ran it for years. I carried 10x32 and either my compact CCW or RF in the back pouch. My phone, lighter, and other junk went in the front. Very low profile and it doesn't move around. Definitely my favorite harness. It stays put, out of the way, and the lack of padding makes it stay cool & light. I've been playing with other systems this year because the zipper got trashed. It was partly my fault, I forced it after a dusty dirt bike crash. I wanted something without a zipper but I may go back to the HPG, the other ones I'm trying just aren't as functional for me. The big glass is an issue too. At one point I stuffed 10x50s in the back pouch, but it didn't leave room for anything else.

jolemons

WKR
Okay thanks for the feedback. Which HPG pack are you running?
Recon bc of webbing on front to mount bino pouch. Rides up on chest, low profile and lots of room. Perfect for hiking with a gun to scout, shed hunt, etc when I'm bringing 8x32s. I was impressed enough with the quality i picked up one of their packs. They make a bino harness to mount on the front of the kit bag as well. My guess is that even running ther kit bag with the bino harness to hold larger binos, the profile would still be less bulky then the larger agc harnesses.

hpg is making a pouch you can attach to the molle on the recon specifically for binos. trying to jamb a pistol and a pair of binos in a recon is going to be a tight squeeze. i've run just binos in a runners kit bag and it's definitely not as convenient for getting them in and out as a bino harness.

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking at the heavy recon as a way to stuff everything in since their bino harness is out of stock. Thanks for the feedback everyone

jolemons

WKR
I’m looking at the heavy recon as a way to stuff everything in since their bino harness is out of stock. Thanks for the feedback everyone
I hope it works, if not, go modular like i did. Do yourself a favor and buy the under pack belt since you'll be paying for shipping.

I love mine. I think mine is the snubbie. I went with one of the smaller ones to fit me better. Used it a lot the last few years. I’ve never tried using it with binos but it works great with a Glock 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
I have the runners pack and think it is great for carrying Glock 29 and accessories.
Build quality is excellent and no flopping around when adjusted.