How to balance a Swarovski ATX with 115mm lens

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
Bringing an older thread to life, but I did buy the Swarovski balance rail for my BTX/115 and there was an additional, taller, plastic arca-swiss plastic adapter in the box, and with that adapter in the slot for the smaller 65mm objective spot, the 115/BTX balances without any interference.

The taller plastic adapter, would not mount into the 95mm lens' spot (with the screw hole visible), for whatever reason.

Maybe this was the "fix" Swarovski had in mind, when they found issues between the 115 and the balance rail.

Amasaback

FNG
Bringing an older thread to life, but I did buy the Swarovski balance rail for my BTX/115 and there was an additional, taller, plastic arca-swiss plastic adapter in the box, and with that adapter in the slot for the smaller 65mm objective spot, the 115/BTX balances without any interference.

The taller plastic adapter, would not mount into the 95mm lens' spot (with the screw hole visible), for whatever reason.

Maybe this was the "fix" Swarovski had in mind, when they found issues between the 115 and the balance rail.
Thank you for the update. is the plastic robust enough to be supportive? Does it work with the SOC?

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
Thank you for the update. is the plastic robust enough to be supportive? Does it work with the SOC?
I think it does work just fine, but I don't look at this "solution" as comparable to a decent ground-up design. I look at it more as a "hack that works"