How to pack camera gear

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

I'm going on a elk hunt in September and want to capture the adventure. I never packed in a camera before so was curious what you all put your camera gear in and how it is protected in your back. Any tips and photos are apprecited. If it matter I am running a Kifaru Timberline pack so it is fairly large.

BK

I pack my camera and lenses directly into my Exo wrapped up in clothing for padding. I typically will pack it at the very top of my pack near the lid for easy retrieval and safety from falling. batteries will go into my sleeping bag w me at night if it's really cold. Last but not least, I always have a dry bag on hand to protect camera and lenses from water and or dust. Last October I was fortunate enough to go on a weeklong horseback elk hunt. I carried my camera on me 75% of the time and captured some great memories while riding and hunting. The other 25% of the time my camera will go back into my bag wrapped in a jacket or dry bag because it's raining or I simply need to not have 5lbs swinging around my neck.

Attachments

• DSC_1314.jpg
    DSC_1314.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 28

Isaac_SBO

FNG
Played around with a backpack strap this spring on a bear hunt. We unseasonably nice weather so moisture was never a problem. You can seem me on right right with my Panasonic gh6 on the mount.
a0d3e4fbecf6259c4f8dce98658c0b4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Peak Design clip on the pack strap, so it's always available. If it's buried in your pack, you won't be taking many pics.
This, and dont look back. It connects to your pack strap and is ready to take pictures as they present themselves.

I have my Sony on a peak design clip, with a smaller 35mm lens for general landscapes and hunting portraits. I then have a telephoto in separate case attached to my backpack for when I’m glassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew12

FNG
Peak design fir the win. Like its been said, a camera in your pack means no photos when you get home. Keep it out, ready to shoot and snap away!