iphone 13 or GoPro Hero 6

I'm getting ready for an Idaho Elk hunt in the Frank Church, and this is going to be my first adventure in the backpack hunting arena. I know that I am about to encounter some of the most beautiful country I've seen to date, and maybe I'll be blessed enough to add to that some trophy photos by the end of the trip.

I have zero filming experience, or photography for that matter. Not looking to produce any youtube/social media content. But I am looking for the "best" option to capture some of this experience to be able to share with my family/friends and myself years down the road. I have an older GoPro hero 6 which I have used very little to date. Will also have an iphone 13 with me. Of these 2 options, which do you think will capture overall photos and videos the best? Or do you think a combination of the 2 is best? No digiscoping or impact shots taking place, but just overall scenic views and videos of flying in, horse back riding, etc. Thanks in advance.

Phone will probably take better photos and video than the old GoPro, but the GoPro excels at enduring whatever brutality you don't want to risk with your phone. They both tell part of the story and can complement each other well.

I just shot my whole Frank Church bear hunt with my phone. I’ll have it up on YouTube before long.

iPhone 13 Pro Max for me.

cb7b1f4ca91950d7ec2d5c57b41c09ee.jpg

4d484195754173b2fd63fa99c70f7cde.jpg

3f5a7add1932bee614785a189635da26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: