Itch for new rifle...help needed

i just went through basically the same process and ended up with the seekins in 6.5cm. only had it a few weeks but so far i am happy. first time at the range to zero it put 4 shots into just under an inch (which is good for me). dialed to 200 and 300, which is as far as that range goes and it was dead on. hit steel at 650 yesterday on my second shot which is the farthest ive ever shot, so i was obviously pretty stoked on that part. also killed my first deer with it this past weekend, although not much of a test of the gun at 100 yards. so far the only negative i have is that running the bolt can be a little sticky if you put any sideways/upwards pressure on it while cycling it. i have seen other people say this is common with seekins and that it gets better over time, we will see on that. i dont find the barrel to be too long, but all loaded up it definitely isnt what i would call a lightweight mountain rifle. i put a zeiss v4 on it and its just under 9lbs loaded.

OP
Deli

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
You can get a Tikka stainless for $800. The stocks are totally salvageable with some minor work. But if you hate it, sell the stock, sign up for a 10% off Stocky’s and buy the vertical grip for $500 shipped. Then pay someone $150 to cut and thread your barrel. All in, you’ll be at $1450 and have a sweet setup. I have this setup; it weighs 7.5 lbs with a 20oz scope. A pic is on post #2,347 here: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/lets-see-your-semi-custom-tikka-builds.92404/page-118

As far as caliber, any of the 6mm cartridges will get you to 500 yards and keep you legal in all elk states.
Thanks for the response. Your setup looks really nice for the price. Out of curiosity, what minor work would you recommend to salvage the factory stock on the tikka? I'm leaning towards this option and then just keeping it as is to decide what I want to do long term, but still debating. Also, how do you like the Stocky's stock? Seems like a good price for what you get.

atmat

WKR
Thanks for the response. Your setup looks really nice for the price. Out of curiosity, what minor work would you recommend to salvage the factory stock on the tikka? I'm leaning towards this option and then just keeping it as is to decide what I want to do long term, but still debating. Also, how do you like the Stocky's stock? Seems like a good price for what you get.
At a minimum, I’d clear out the barrel channel and add a $20 vertical grip to the factory stock. @ResearchinStuff and some other guys have done significant modifications to theirs for very little cost.

I really enjoy my Stocky’s. The reach to trigger is a little long for me, but it’s not awful.