Kids rifle manifesto

I would say with a high degree of confidence, the suppressor is a game changer, but with those cartridges it changes the game from "way too much" to "a moderate amount too much".

A can will not bring 14-17 ft lb of recoil down to the 8-ish that you really want. I would (and did, and in retrospect wish I had done sooner) sell one of those three rifles to fund the purchase of a .223 bolt gun.
Funny story. Sold the 7-08 American compact and bought a new gen2 556 with 16” barrel.

Decided to keep the 6.5 and 308 options since I’m set up for reloading for those two calibers. Can’t wait to get her behind this 556

Raygun15E

FNG
Well lucky enough for me my son is right handed. But yes, finding lefty rifles is a struggle. I don't have a problem running right handed bolts since I grew up shooting right handed but I'm trying to make everything consistent with left handed rifles for me. This is part of the reason that I love my "custom" builds that I can swap the bolt faces on. I can swap a barrel and bolt face in about 20min and my rifle still feels exactly the same. It's a little more upfront cost but I think you save it on the back end for sure.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure all 3 of my boys are right handed. So finding them .223 Tikkas luckily shouldn’t be much of a problem. I, like you, have decided to keep things left handed for my shooting. I might be convinced to build a “custom” like you in 6CM and .223. I just want to stick with Tikka where if at all possible. Unfortunately that may have to wait a year or two. Hoping to move closer to work in that timeframe.