Kill kit weights and ideas. Lets see yours? Ideas?

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
If I am hunting >2 miles from truck:
Argali meat off bone game bags
Havalon plus extra blades
2 black garbage bags
4 pairs of nitrile gloves

If I am hunting <2 miles from truck I also have a set of Argali quarter (meat on bone) bags.

Well I guess this is something else I need to assemble. My flatland whitetail field dressing knife alone ain't gonna cut it. :)

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
6 Argali bags (4 elk sized and 2 small), 1 small havalon, i KOA jaeger. Some gloves if i feel fancy and i always have a few hundred feet of arborist throw line.

5 game bags and an outdoor edge knife with a few blades.. always have a pocket knife too. Ive wished for some rope and wished for a saw to cut horns off in the field sometimes but I always make do and I’m not sure if it’s worth it to pack that stuff around for days vs sucking it up for a few hours. There is some good ideas on this thread I will give the trekking poles a try for holding legs

TaperPin

WKR
Boning knife, a few latex gloves and king size pillowcases have worked well for me.

If I am hunting >2 miles from truck:
Argali meat off bone game bags
Havalon plus extra blades
2 black garbage bags
4 pairs of nitrile gloves

If I am hunting <2 miles from truck I also have a set of Argali quarter (meat on bone) bags.
I know this is off topic, but the further in you are, you take meat out bone in?

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
For the past 30 years of experience processing game in the field, this is what my "kill Kit" consists of the last few years.
Geared toward organization, safety and clean, efficient processing of my deer or elk in the field.
Hunting solo, always with me on hunts, whether stored in the truck, at camp, daypack or especially backcountry.
Some of you will say too much, but this is what works for me when needed, over the years. And traveling to hunt several states each fall/winter, easier just to have items that may be needed as multi-use too.

Last edited: