WTT Kimber Montana for Adirondack

Status
Not open for further replies.

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a Kimber Montana in 7mm-08 that I'd like to trade for a Kimber Adirondack in preferably 7mm-08 or 308. My rifle shoots sub MOA and is my absolutely favorite gun. The only reason I want to trade for an Adirondack is because I use a suppressor on my Montana and it's longer than ideal.

The Montana has the titanium bolt knob but otherwise is stock. I bought it brand new two seasons ago. It has some slight scratches on the stock. If anyone is interested, I can upload some pictures.

mthayr

WKR
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Why not just cut it down/re-thread it?

I can vouch for https://tornadotechnologies.com/ in Hillsboro, OR - yes, it means FFL'ing your receiver/barrel to them but you'd have to do that anyway for a trade. I had exactly the same thing done to my Montana. I would be leery of letting a sub-MOA Kimber go since they tend to be finicky...IMG_1134.jpg

Last edited:
OP
W

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I thought about that and will probably be my backup plan. The added cost of cutting threading is why I would prefer to trade but it might be close to a wash everything considered.

83cj-7

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I’d certainly never let go of a good shooting Montana for a Adirondack. To me, the Montana stock feels much nicer than the rubberized coating on the Adirondack.

Have Karl Kampfeld do something like this:
IMG_1351.jpeg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would also recommend cutting and threading your current Montana. That is what I did with one of my Montana' .308s and have been super happy with the results. The Adirondacks can be kinda hard to find and bring more money. The weight difference would be almost nothing. Only real other difference would be the stock texture and color. I personally prefer the sharkskin texture of the Montanas over the smooth "ruberized" stock of the Adirondack and MTN Accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.