Kitchen Mixer? Mother's day help!

Cooks Illustrated "The best stand mixers" They have a free 14 day trial to all their content. They take no advertisement money, and do a very comprehensive test of each mixer. When I got mine 20 years ago Cuisinart was the top mixer in their tests. Mine has a ton of use, and still works as well as the day I bought it.

Kitchenaid is a great light duty mixer. If you are making pizza or bread dough a lot there is nothing better than a small heavy duty commercial mixer. We have the Waring Luna 10 and it can mix pizza dough from 2 kg of flour for 10 minutes and not even get warm to the touch. It’s twice the bowl size and 4x the motor power. We picked it because it’s one of the few commercial models with a nice paint job and looks at home in a residential kitchen, but it is over 100 lbs.

3B9CEAAB-490B-4896-BA4D-DEF0410D2973.jpeg

This is the stone cold secret on the best salsa in the world.

1 pound of tomatillos with the 2nd skin on (shell).

1 pound of poblanos chiles

1 pound of anaheim chiles

Throw everything whole in a 2 galon bag and dump a couple table spoons of olive or avacado oil in there and make sure all the veggies are coated.

Roast in the oven on a cookie sheet until you have complete cook through, if you are using a fan. Ensure you are not burning it.

Most Mexicans cook salsa on the stove top. I am not Mexican, I am kind of New Mexican but 100% non Spanish so this is what I call a Gringosalsalito! Little American salsa!

When you are done roasting everything, throw the entire pan except the stems from the chiles and shells from the vitamix or a regular blender and rip it down to a consistant liquid.

Important!

Salt and Pepper heavily to taste.

Do not get Tex-Mex and put something stupid like cilantro, lime or garlic in it. You can try that later, but trust me this salsa is heaven on earth. I will judge you. If you go for the cilantro you will have ruined it, as it ruins all food and we won't be friends.

Poblanos are the key ingredient. But you can also do Hatch chilies or Jalapenos if you want more heat. Or if you are a sadistic bastard you can add Habaneros or some kind of chile that has the word death in it's name. There are quite a few.
Not sure how this relates to the original question, but a HUGE thank you for posting it. I'll definitely give it a try.

And we can definitely be friends! I hate the stuff!

I have a kitchen aid that works fine, no problems. But as far as mixing, I recently made a cheesecake on vacation at a friends house and they had a Bosch. It’s the first time I’ve used one but it mixes way better than my kitchen aid. I used the two wire whisks on the Bosch vs the one on the kitchen aid. It was way faster and they were no clumps of cream cheese. Only downside for me was that the lowest speed was too fast for my liking, I wish they had a infinitely adjustable speed.

Kitchenaid HD was on sale at Costco for $100 off...$299.
That's what I bought.
It's the bowl-lift model.
Great piece to have.

Not sure how this relates to the original question, but a HUGE thank you for posting it. I'll definitely give it a try.

And we can definitely be friends! I hate the stuff!
A white cheddar egg omlette with this is heaven.

What I call my "Gringo Special" omette or breakfast burrito is better.

Here is how that works.

Equal parts ham, Mexican Chorizo, bacon, and Italian breakfast sausage.

Cook down some onions and tomatos. If you are a potato guy add that.

Throw it in a omlette with cheese and my salsa and you'll think you have died.

Works well on a Spanish Chorizo, grilled chicken burrito as well.

I have a kitchen aid that works fine, no problems. But as far as mixing, I recently made a cheesecake on vacation at a friends house and they had a Bosch. It’s the first time I’ve used one but it mixes way better than my kitchen aid. I used the two wire whisks on the Bosch vs the one on the kitchen aid. It was way faster and they were no clumps of cream cheese. Only downside for me was that the lowest speed was too fast for my liking, I wish they had a infinitely adjustable speed.
I have a Kitchen Aid Pro, and more recently a Bosch Universal Plus. I primarily make pizza dough, and sometimes fairly big batches, and in that regard the Bosch wipes the floor with Kitchen Aid. Same experience as you, just a better and faster mix. I do very much hate that the bowl is not removable on the Bosch. If I was to do it over again I'd probably look at an entry level commercial model with removable bowl.

Back