Kowa 554 Case

Finally pulled the trigger on a Kowa 554!

I like the Kowa branded stay case but at $125 I’m wondering if there are other options? Didn’t see much with a few google searches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I would think the Marsupial Mini should work. May want to call them and ask as details on the size are a bit lacking.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! I got a 554 that came with a Kowa stay on case and love it. Super easy to pop off and on, and you can use the eyepiece cover as a hanging storage pouch for the lens caps while glassing.

OP
T
TTT

I talked to a guy that said the Kowa stay on case can make the spotter shake in wind due to the additional surface area the end cups create when hanging off the scope. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat. Contacted vortex to try to see if they still make the neoprene cases for the baby Razors, they said they don’t. But they also just released a new one this week, so maybe that’s changed.

I saw a guy said he just wrapped his in Coban, which is really not a bad idea.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
Full-body surface protection (minus the focus knob). I had a Vortex razor with soft case prior to this and prefer the Kowa stay-on. Its more of a "custom fit" with no excess baggage. And utilizing snaps rather than zippers to remove the end covers is faster/more convenient.