Kryptek arma hoody vs others

bisblue

WKR
Hey folks sounds like this piece in a little longer than normal. I'm 6'3" #175 Rock climber build.
How would this Arma hoody compare with a first lite kiln or something similar?
I live in central Idaho, so Western backpack/packing is my norm.

It does run a little big size wise and it is going to be heavier than the Kiln and the Klamath (comparable grid fleece). But it is a comfy layer and provides good warmth and breathability. The stitching wasn't good on the one I had. Threads were coming undone with minimal wear. I would give it a 3/5 rating. I feel like there are better grid fleece options out there.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
It does run a little big size wise and it is going to be heavier than the Kiln and the Klamath (comparable grid fleece). But it is a comfy layer and provides good warmth and breathability. The stitching wasn't good on the one I had. Threads were coming undone with minimal wear. I would give it a 3/5 rating. I feel like there are better grid fleece options out there.
Thanks for the info. I have a pre_Klamath, and a bunch of the military grid fleece. I was hoping to get something with some wool in it....

I know most companies make their clothing in the same factories. I was in India and heard that Patagonia makes 450 jackets per shift, while the north face makes 600 per shift all based on what quality control they want. If the stitching sucks, hopefully the customer service is decent since I broke down and ordered one😬😂.
20220408_125744.jpg

I did like the zippered hand/bicep pockets and the hood is thick and warm. I also loved the ability to cinch the collar along with the waist. I probably would've liked it more if they offered solid earth tone colors and the stitching around the collar and wrists didn't come undone. Hope it works for you!

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
I did like the zippered hand/bicep pockets and the hood is thick and warm. I also loved the ability to cinch the collar along with the waist. I probably would've liked it more if they offered solid earth tone colors and the stitching around the collar and wrists didn't come undone. Hope it works for you!
Fits decent, I really like the weight, hope it holds up. Might have to fire up my wife's sewing machine if not