Kuiu proximity worth it?

Mfran04

FNG
I get cold, quick. I walk in with just baselayers and I’m fine but once I’m in the tree, it’s about 30 mins before I’m freezing. I’ve worn DSG bib pants and they’re ok, but only zipper to my knee. Are the proximity pants, that zipper all the way, worth the hype? Are they warm for saddle hunting for hours on end?

Bump79

WKR
This isn't really a saddle hunting site, it's a backcountry/western forum. Probably not going to get much feedback for it. I'd check on ArcheryTalk or other more whitetail specific forums

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t personally tested the suit but I have a couple friends that have it. It will keep you warm but each has said the material is not Windproof like they claim.

adamm88

WKR
I just got a set, it hasnt been really cold but the times iv used it it works great in my system, i feel im always cold in 30-50 degrees and its filled that game for me, i have a sitka stratus jacket that i freeze in. For days colder than 30 or max 40 as a high i have a fanatic set i wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll finally get to test the pants and beanie this weekend. I wear Sitka on top. My initial impression is that I'm very impressed with Kuiu's first whitetail pieces. Hopefully the cold front forecasted for Kansas holds up.

I have no experience with Proximity in a saddle, but it's one of the warmest pieces I've ever worn. It kept me warm in MN last year down to about 5*F. I had a few layers on underneath but I was very toasty.

Following too because i get cold quickly also and been looking at the Proximity set. Also Tempted to want to order the Milwaukee heated jacket because i can’t stand being cold and could layer it underneath my camo.

Bump79

WKR
Following too because i get cold quickly also and been looking at the Proximity set. Also Tempted to want to order the Milwaukee heated jacket because i can’t stand being cold and could layer it underneath my camo.

Look at the Pnuma heated vest. I picked mine up for $100 on camofire. Makes way more sense to have the heat next to skin

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Yes it works good in a saddle with layers for when it’s good and cold it does not block wind as good as they say but it helps. It’s not as warm as the fanatic for sure but can’t use the fanatic unless it’s 30 and under I can use the proximity in the 40s low 50s. It is warmer then the stratus but don’t block wind like the stratus or fanatic.

First use of proximity pants this weekend.

One morning was 40* and I wore them without baselayer. One afternoon it was 60*, hiked to and climbed into stand with vents open to knees. Hike was maybe 1/2 mile. Not too much sweat thanks to the vents. One morning was 28*, paired with kenai baselayer, very comfortable.

No wind to deal with this past weekend.