KUIU Stalker 500 (non-pro) and KUIU pro bino harness

Toadman

FNG
I am in the market for a new bino harness and hydration rig set up. Considering the kifaru, marsupial and KUIU options.

I have a KUIU Stalker 500 (the non-pro) and I am wondering if anyone has connected this to the kuiu pro bino harness system?

I know the little gate clips at the top will connect to the harness strap, but does anyone have any more info or a video? The only video on YouTube I found seemed like the guy was doing it wrong. Does the bino harness 'X' go through the little holes in the stalker pack?

ThanksPXL_20230513_172945435.jpg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like their hydration rig is what you're trying to mimic? The stalker packs aren't designed for attaching to their binoharness.

OP
T

Toadman

FNG
Looks like their hydration rig is what you're trying to mimic? The stalker packs aren't designed for attaching to their binoharness.
It seems like all they would have had to do was sew on an additional piece of fabric to that back panel and it would be the same though...

I may just have to try that myself. Thanks.

TravisIN

WKR
I can mess with it and see how it goes if you want. I have the harness and a 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can mess with it and see how it goes if you want. I have the harness and a 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever try to put the 500 on the Bino Harness? I'm intrigued by that idea. I have the 500 and I'm considering the Bino Harness now...any help is appreciated.

Did you ever try to put the 500 on the Bino Harness? I'm intrigued by that idea. I have the 500 and I'm considering the Bino Harness now...any help is appreciated.
If not I'll dig into my stuff tomorrow. I really love the hydration rig and bino harness combo but I've got a couple of the old Stalker 500's I can rig up and test. The hydration rig has the pouch that the backer slides through, might could replicate that with clips and straps.

If not I'll dig into my stuff tomorrow. I really love the hydration rig and bino harness combo but I've got a couple of the old Stalker 500's I can rig up and test. The hydration rig has the pouch that the backer slides through, might could replicate that with clips and straps.
Thanks! I appreciate you doing that tomorrow. If I have to I'll break down and get the hydration rig, but I'm hoping the Stalker can be rigged up to save on needing one more item.

The hydration rig is a good spend IMO. I use the heck out of it. When wearing my larger packs the rig clips inside and bladder and kill kit stay in place, when I shed the bag I leave the binos in it and use the bino harness for game bags and clip the rig into the harness. I rarely use the Stalkers anymore. I'll see if I can get it to work tomorrow though. I'd try it now but wife's in bed and I don't wanna get murdered if I wake her by fumbling through my hunting boxes.

marsupial, kifaru, TK and alaska guide creation all have similar set ups to each other. Bino harness with hydration pack on back evening weight out.

So looks like it's actually doable. It's not crisp and clean but it doesn't bind or lump up behind your body or cause issues. The Stalker clips on to the same spot of the shoulder straps, then I moved up one of the outer straps higher and simply tucked the bottom harness portion over through it. Loosen it up some and it sits pretty much the same as with the hydration rig.

Attachments

• PXL_20230728_171822033.jpg
    PXL_20230728_171822033.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20230728_171837884.jpg
    PXL_20230728_171837884.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230728-122305.png
    Screenshot_20230728-122305.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15