Landowner Trespass Fees?

Jdog

WKR
What's an avg WY landowner trespass fee--primarily to access land locked BLM/state land?

Narrowed my antelope unit selection and wondering what landowners charge and how does one contact them and/or outfitters?

I've never done such...thanks

Trapline

FNG
If you have onX it gives the landowners mailing address, at least for my state. Can always knock on the door also if there is a house on it. Cant help on the price tag.

Historically, you could contact the Wyoming Wildlife Biologist for the unit you were considering. They had a landowner list you could use to make contact and ask about trespass fee's etc.

I had that list in the past but my understanding is they don't update them anymore. Local bio or game warden is still a good option to contact, they may have ideas of who might still do these types of hunts.

In the units I've hunted I've seen fees anywhere from $250 to $1000 for a buck depending on quality and amount of land you can access.

JFK

WKR
I’ve only done it once and price was zero dollars. Knocked on 4 doors…3 said yes, one was a very polite no. This was in a low point, not very desirable unit. Ended up killing a buck off of one of the places. I believe a lot of it is how you present yourself. Give absolute assurance that there won’t be any bs. Then follow through with what you told them, even if it means not shooting at an animal.

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
The last ones that I have seen were $750- $1,000. Even those are hard to find anymore, as outfitters have leased most of the good ranch hunts.