Large smoker ideas?

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone,

I am currently using a treager smoker at home and it seems to work ok but it is lacking some serious rack space when doing batches of jerky and sausage. I am curious what everyone else is running for smokers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Not mine, but a friend of a friend deal. Basically a small shed, 5' wide, 2' deep, 6' tall. VERY well insulated. racks starting about 2 feet off the ground, and all the way up. Just an oven burner on the bottom, with a cast iron pan and handful of smoking pellets or whatever in the pan. It's more of a permanent structure than some would like, but this one is at a farmstead. Works well. Steel siding inside and out.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
If you are a pellet pooper guy, the cabinet style Pit Boss seems to be pretty popular around here. Lots of capacity for the $. Supposed to be somewhat insulated. My neighbor has used his down to about -5*F this year with good results.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
You can build your own. You just need an insulated box with a small burner at the base for chips. Hinged door, racks and you're good to go. We used one for smoking salmon when we went from smoking a couple on a little chief to a lot more than that. You could also mod your Traeger racks by creating or buying stacked racks. Jerky isn't that thick.