LBO Nest

Voyageur

WKR
Considering purchasing the LBO nest and would like to hear from anyone who uses/has used one in a 4 man tipi. Specifically I'd like to hear how well it fits the space if the tipi is being used as a solo shelter. In my mind it's main use would be in the warmer months so I could leave both doors on the tipi open at night to thwart some of the condensation issues when camping in high humidity areas such as river bottoms.
Thanks.
Edit:
In an attempt to get some feedback I'm broadening the scope of my question...
I would like to hear from anyone who has used the LBO nest, in any style shelter. Worthwhile addition to your shelter? Do you feel it's a better option than integrated screen doors?

Last edited:
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
As stated above in my edit, would like to hear from anyone who uses the LBO Nest in any type of shelter, not just the 4 man tipi.
Thanks.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not going to be much help here but I would like to see this thread progress and I did just spent the weekend in a Cimarron half nest. IIRC, it’s ~10” longer and 5” wider than the LBO nest.

My brother and I (both 6’+ and ~250lbs) were able to share the nest comfortably on 25” pads. Lots of extra space length-wise. it took a few tries to get it pitched taut with the line-loc’s so I think moving forward I’ll just stake the two inside corners to the ground.

My original plan was to have Borah Gear sew a custom nest to my dimensions with a DCF floor. He said he was happy to do the work but saves custom projects for the off season and I didn’t have that kind of time. maybe something to consider for your 4p? Some sort of nest/bivy hybrid if it’s just for solo?

I did look into door netting but ultimately decided I pitch the Cimarron too high off the ground to gain any benefits from that. I ended up with several salamanders taking refuge from the rain in my shelter, so I’m glad I brought the nest.