Lexus GX-460 or Hyundai Palisade experience/reviews?

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Thanks for all the feedback guys, we found and purchased a 2020 gx460. It is freaking sweet! Triple black with 34,009 miles. Looks brand new and got a nice deal. Interest rates are a bitch, but not gonna have a payment on a vehicle I don’t like. Lexus certified to 2026 at no additional cost and no mileage limits. Free pickup and delivery to our door for service too (150 mile round trip!) at no extra cost.

Happy wife happy life! (Already looking at aftermarket mods for when it may become mine in a few years ;) ). New front bumper, integrated winch, light bar…. 🤔

Edit: the gx460 is based on the Land Cruiser Prado, not the 4Runner. Prado not available in USA. Same frame and guts as 4Runner, but objective differences like v8 versus v6. Also the full time 4wd, KDSS, and DAV are standard. These have to be optioned on the 4Runner.

Attachments

• IMG_5156.jpeg
    IMG_5156.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks for all the feedback guys, we found and purchased a 2020 gx460. It is freaking sweet! Triple black with 34,009 miles. Looks brand new and got a nice deal. Interest rates are a bitch, but not gonna have a payment on a vehicle I don’t like. Lexus certified to 2026 at no additional cost and no mileage limits. Free pickup and delivery to our door for service too (150 mile round trip!) at no extra cost.

Happy wife happy life! (Already looking at aftermarket mods for when it may become mine in a few years ;) ). New front bumper, integrated winch, light bar…. 🤔

Edit: the gx460 is based on the Land Cruiser Prado, not the 4Runner. Prado not available in USA. Same frame and guts as 4Runner, but objective differences like v8 versus v6. Also the full time 4wd, KDSS, and DAV are standard. These have to be optioned on the 4Runner.
Nice work. Pls keep us posted.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Nice work. Pls keep us posted.
First impressions after 110 mile trip.
-Driver’s seat is very comfortable with excellent lumbar as well as thoracic support, especially climbing hills when the car downshifts
-On 2-lane roads with 55 speed limit (cruise at 62) , computer and tranny very actively control speed. It will aggressively shift on descents to keep you at the speed you set on the cruise. This was less evident on interstate at 75
-On deep cut/grooved stretches of interstate and bridges, the 4wd and traction control system are active and cause noticeable over steer. I heard this on YouTube videos and can confirm
-General cruising at 62 and 75 is a pleasure, and the v8 performance and ride quality are excellent

Grumman

WKR
The radar sensing cruise control was an adjustment for me. There is an adjustment on the steering wheel to control how far back the cruise control keeps you from the car in front of you. You may have figured it out but I took me a while lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious, do you run premium or regular gas?
I don't think I could tell you the difference in the vehicles that fill up with premium gas(that we know of) and customers that use ethanol 87. A big item that is often overlooked is to change the spark plugs out sooner than later. It can make a huge difference on idle feel. Other than that keep up on the maintenance and it will go 300k no problems.

Robate

FNG
I’ve had a 2005 LX, 2012 GX and a 2017GX. Great experience with all of them and would not hesitate to buy another one.

A few negatives, the GX has a UI/screen that seems outdated compared to other SUVs of same year. Check the suspension systems on the GX, the air ride system can get a little sloppy/weak. I ended up replacing it with bilsteins.