Lil Bug Out

I've been looking at the Lil Bug Out, by Seek Outside, and have a question for anyone that has used one.
If it is set up using the vestibule to enclose it, how bad does the condensation get? Do you have to keep one or both doors partially open to keep it ventilated properly?
Thanks for any insight you can give me....

Really depends on the conditions. I spent over a week in mine this last Oct. on Kodiak and had times when it had a fair amount of condensation then times when there was none. I used a nest inside mine and it worked great with condensations issues. It's good to open it up a little to help condensation escape, but if your pitching it on really wet ground/grass and it's raining or really humid outside, I think condensation is an issue that you just have to deal with. The nest is a big help though.

Amazingly well. The remnants of a typhoon that hammered the Philippines passed through and brought wind gusts of 90mph. We were at the top of a mountain camped out in a little depression, so I'm sure we didn't experience 90mph, but still some extremely windy conditions, and it held up just fine. When it wasn't raining, that wind also really helped out with the condensation issues.:)

Wrongside

WKR
Totally condition, site and occupant dependent with these types of shelters. Multiple occupants makes a difference. IME. Condensation isn't usually a huge issue, for me, but some conditions or trips a guy should really have the stove to dry things out... The shelter does very, very well in the wind and storms.

One in the shelter for this trip. We had 'weather' for 1 day and 1 night and condensation did start getting to the point where I wished I'd brought he stove... :)
image.jpg
Two of us slept in the shelter for 4 nights on this trip and condensation was a nonissue.
image.jpg

Last edited:

LandYacht

WKR
I echo the same sentiments already voiced. That being said my favorite way to pitch my LBO is unorthodox, I prefer one base and the tarp. I can let the open end all the way down if I need to, but can't say that I have had to. Was in a white out blizzard and it was fun to sit back in my sleeping bag and watch the snow swirl by. Never have any condensation issues set up this way.

I have done two bases together and depending on how damp it is already, you can have condensation issues. Withe the two bases and tarp in the middle same story. One night with my family (2 adults, 3 kids, and dog) we were dry, the next night it was more damp out and there was some condensation. I've yet to use a nest, but that is on the list this year as my wife isn't a huge fan of the dog running in and out of the LBO and snuggling into her bag after doing how knows what!

OP
C
Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate it. That idea of the base and tarp combo is interesting. I hate condensation dripping on me, and that looks like a pretty good option.

Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate it. That idea of the base and tarp combo is interesting. I hate condensation dripping on me, and that looks like a pretty good option.

It's been my experience, even when there's a lot of condensation inside the LBO, it pretty much won't drip on you as it has a tendency to run down the sides instead. I suppose that if you were having issues with heavy condensation coupled with wind that you probably would get condensation spread around.