Long time lurker from PA

OP
T
Thank you! Berks County native here...near the Cabela's store if you know where that is.

OlPappyB

FNG
Been following Rockslide for years, just never made account until now. My buddy finally convinced to do it haha. I grew up in Western PA

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new PA member.

Eddie

OP
T
For the PA folk, I'm born and raised in Berks County, my wife is a native Skook. That means I can translate between PA Dutch and Skook, which has come in handy more times than you'd think!

I'm mostly a whitetail hunter, although I've been to CO once for elk (successful DIY cow hunt), NE for mulies (with a friend who lived there), and have hunted sika deer in Virginia, as well as whitetails in a multitude of other states.

I came to turkey hunting about 15 years ago and mostly have had my butt kicked by those evil creatures, although I've found some better places to hunt (SE PA isn't turkey heaven by a long shot) and have killed a few birds now, including one with a flintlock smoothbore.

I'm getting back to flyfishing, but I'm not as good at it as I used to be. I still have fun though.

OP
T
Yep, I know where Mercer is... I hunt a property out near Grove City occasionally.