Look what I cut today!

Cut some really nice Wagyu beef today. Well, cross Wagyu with American Black Angus.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0474.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 49

Purdue

FNG
Looks delicious. I’ve never tried it, can you really tell the difference between wagyu and angus? If so, how would you describe the difference? Thanks

pucmw11

FNG
Looks delicious. I’ve never tried it, can you really tell the difference between wagyu and angus? If so, how would you describe the difference? Thanks
Oh my gosh yes...wildly so. Especially a Japanese A5 (high grade) Waygu. Normal beef fat is significantly harder. Waygu fat melts in your hand if you hold it. The marbling is typically insanely good and there's a richness and beefiness to it that is hard to explain. After grilling it, you can cut it with a fork. It's so rich that eating a 10oz steak worth of it (even if you could afford it) wouldn't likely be wanted. It's like the cheesecake of steak. Surprisingly rich per bite. Definitely worth the experience if you get a chance!

OP
B
I actually prefer the cross American Wagyu. It has just enough of the marbling in it with a nice rich taste. Pure Wagyu is a little too much for me. I’ve actually cut 4 of them recently. Two last week and then two today from different ranchers. The two today were much better than the ones last week.

It’s even better when they ask me to try some and let them know what I think. 🤤

Ucsdryder

WKR
I actually prefer the cross American Wagyu. It has just enough of the marbling in it with a nice rich taste. Pure Wagyu is a little too much for me. I’ve actually cut 4 of them recently. Two last week and then two today from different ranchers. The two today were much better than the ones last week.

It’s even better when they ask me to try some and let them know what I think. 🤤
Wagyu fat mixed with elk makes a killer burger!!!