Lunch concoction - ramen/tuna/bagel

tcg144

FNG
Just back from archery elk in the back country. I had planned on bagel and tuna creation for lunch everyday with different flavors of tuna. I tried this meal 5 times before I committed to carrying it in with me but after day 3 I could hardly choke it down. The bagels I had individually smashed flat and vacuum sealed.

What i came up with was to add a ramen noodle pack. Already had a stove/pot for dinners. I boiled 16oz of water, cooked the ramen and then dumped in the tuna packet (or 2). Then broke up the bagel and threw it on top, the bagel was smashed hard enough that it didn’t fall apart in the broth. Sounds disgusting but it was actually delicious and almost 1000 calories.

Attachments

• IMG_4569.jpeg
    IMG_4569.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4570.jpeg
    IMG_4570.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 50
Stuff I can’t barely eat at home I’ll devour when out hunting.

But I do get sick of the same stuff over and over. I like a cycle at least.

That sounds decent thot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done ramen and tuna for years. Never thrown a bagel on top but I’m game to try.

Only downside to tuna and ramen is that it makes a damn mess of the Jetboil cup. Not a huge deal cause by day 2 the coffee tastes like ramen and the ramen tastes like coffee.

xcutter

WKR
Try a half bag of Idahoan Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Chicken Ramen mixed. Then I like to cut up a spam packet or two and throw it in there. Sounds gross but tastes amazing.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
I buy foil food bags off Amazon. Put the ramen in. Then in the field , tuna packet goes in, boil 12 oz water , pour in, let sit for 10 minutes, eat with long spoon.
It’s a cheap MT House!

rayporter

WKR
stove top stuffing is another you can make with ramen. just dribble the soup over a cupful as you stir it. same with instant mashed if you dont want it all in one bowl.

rayporter

WKR
I buy foil food bags off Amazon. Put the ramen in. Then in the field , tuna packet goes in, boil 12 oz water , pour in, let sit for 10 minutes, eat with long spoon.
It’s a cheap MT House!

i got to get some of those foil bags. ramen and a hand full of gravel in the bag would work great!