Mag view

Jotis

WKR
When taking pictures using the mag view app where do they go? I can’t find them on my phone

West18

FNG
I had the same issue I assume you had. For future reference to someone new to using magview with the magview app, make sure you allow the magview app to have permissions to your phones photo's or the photos/videos you take through the magview app will go nowhere.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I've been considering a magview for a spotter. Does it need to use an app for some reason, or can I just use my phone camera?

sr80

WKR
I've been considering a magview for a spotter. Does it need to use an app for some reason, or can I just use my phone camera?
i dont use magview or the app, but i think the app will allow for easier alignment of your phone to the scope, as well as it brings some of the phone settings onto the main camera screen for faster/easier access

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Some phones with multiple cameras will auto-switch between them if you try zooming in/out. This obviously messes up your index when attached to an optic. The app is supposed to prevent the switching from happening. I always find myself using the native phone app though due to muscle memory

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
One unexpected issue I've had with Magview is a bit of additional difficulty lining up phone/lens when attaching... maybe with some more practice.
The app had a grid to help line it up perfectly after doing it a bunch I find I could just use the camera and follow the light circle to line the mag view up quickly

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk