Maven Rs.1 durability

Scottf270

WKR
These are in MOA and have capped turrets. They can be fitted with a WY Arms elevation turret. My question is are these as durable and repeatable as the newer RS1.2 ?

I have found several very nice used ones, some with the WY turret included. If I can live with moa vs mils etc. , are these worth buying at nearly half price to a new RS1.2 ?

They won’t pass a drop test but they track. If that serves your purpose they will be very nice scopes.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
As discussed in several other threads already, the RS1 was not drop tested (at least not by Form). I’m not saying it will or won’t pass but it has almost identical specs to the RS1.2 internally. For the price difference the exposed elevation turret and the illuminated reticle of the RS1.2 was worth it for me.
Edited to add that for a training or back up rifle I wouldn’t hesitate to roll the dice on a RS1 if a good deal came along.

OP
S

Scottf270

WKR
Thanks for the replies. I'm seeing these in the $500 to $650 range used. Would go on a elk rifle that won't get used unless I draw a tag or two. Been running between a Helos 2-12, a sfp dialing scope like a Zeiss V4 or a used Maven Rs.1

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Hold tight. Maybe someone has dropped tested one and it passed ”their” criteria for a hunting scope. Not 100% of the total test. That same persons may have also determined there is an error in their rifle system that may need To be corrected first, before they retest and publish their findings. I’ll need at least another week to find the issue with the mounts and obtain the items necessary to bond the rail. My group went from 1.5” to 2.8” so I am working through it. Drops were the 3 18” and 3 36” only.