Mavin B 1.2 vs B.2 9x45

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a pair of the b 1.2 10x42 from a member that reached out. Ty! Debated on the b.2 9x45. Any advantage one overv the other? Other than light gathering and weight?
The b.2 are quite abit larger in size, which I get. Anyone compared the two.
Bowhunting whitetail, turkey primary use.

I have both. Both are very nice. When I know I'm going to do a lot of sitting and glassing long distance in CO I take the 9x45's for hiking or cruising for elk I like the B1.2s smaller, lighter. When deer hunting in TN I've only used the B1.2s.

The last 2 trips to CO I've only used the b1.2s. I like the size and slip them into my jacket and not need my bino case. I think the B1.2s will serve you best for your stated purpose.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve owned both for significant amounts of time, used year round. Maven makes really good stuff for the $. I found they both can get some CA in high contrast situations (mostly involving strong light and snow, nothing crazy), and the b2 is more comfortable to get behind as far as image - with the B1.2s I’d start getting more issues with blackout, they just seem more sensitive to eye placement. But they are so much nicer to carry around (weight and size) that it’s kinda easy to live with that.

If you search for individual threads on the B1.2 you’ll find some stuff. The b2’s are also really, really good so I’d make the call based on the form factor and low light performance between the two.

OP
deer310sg

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Excited to try these out. 1st time spender on "elite" glass.
Maybe the b2 will be in my future.

OP
deer310sg

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Got them in last week. Incredible glass, very impressed! Feel great in my mittens.

The optics on the 9x45 are quite a bit better than the 10x42's, admittedly I only compared the original B1's. I think in a lot of instances it may be preferable to have the larger and heavier 9's. It's on my list to sell my 10x42's and buy the 9x45's but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

OP
deer310sg

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
The optics on the 9x45 are quite a bit better than the 10x42's, admittedly I only compared the original B1's. I think in a lot of instances it may be preferable to have the larger and heavier 9's. It's on my list to sell my 10x42's and buy the 9x45's but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
You may be right, those 9x45 just might be the best of both worlds. Only downside imo is the size?

You may be right, those 9x45 just might be the best of both worlds. Only downside imo is the size?

Yup, size/weight/cost. I do think you're getting what you pay for (excellent optics in a larger package than Swaro). The 9'x have excellent field of view and depth of field. Very impressive, IMO.

nobody

WKR
Size and weight can be a good thing. A little extra heft means it’s easier to hold still when using off hand. I would rather a pair of binos be a little on the heavy side than a little on the light side for that reason alone.

OP
deer310sg

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Size and weight can be a good thing. A little extra heft means it’s easier to hold still when using off hand. I would rather a pair of binos be a little on the heavy side than a little on the light side for that reason alone.
Damn you guys have me thinkin on this one!!