McMillan vs Grayboe

I've gotten hooked on the shape and feel of McMillan. I got an A3 stock and a couple of Game Warden stocks. Their weights with the Carbon shell and Edge fill are as advertised within a few oz. Pricing can be high for a customer order, but there's plenty that pop up at reduced pricing on their site or from members.

mb6355

Lil-Rokslider
Have some of both. Fit and finish is basically the same to me. I would say buy the one in the style you like.

All short action stocks

#1: McMillan Game Warden Carbon/Edge Fill - DBM (molded in color)

IMG_0905.JPG

#2: Remington XTR as sold by Remington - BDL

IMG_0906.JPG

#3: McMillan Game Hunter/Game Warden Carbon/Edge Fill (painted) - BDL

IMG_0907.JPG

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn’t be happier. The fit and finish are immaculate.

M5 bottom metal on the sporter type stocks can be a challenge, the front can be elevated above flush from the stock and the back can be excessively recessed, not this one.

And it came in 3 oz lighter then quoted.

Wow, they do good work.

Edit. I didn’t realize the inlet was off but they went above and beyond to make me happy.

Last edited:
OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I had an issue w my first stock, and McMillan was magnificent on the backend. I decided to change gears and go with a new stock and paint job all together, I couldn’t be happier.

People/companies often promise all kinds of things to get ones business, but if you have a challenge, their true nature is revealed; McMillan’s customer service shines bright. I don’t think I’ll ever use another stock manufacturer.