Meat care while packrafting

BowMan86

FNG
Just curious to see you guys keep your meat dry while packrafting? I am heading out on a caribou trip where we will be packrafting out a long ways and trying to think of best ways to keep everything dry. Thanks!

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
You can use dry bags or heavy duty black contractor trash bags when you are in the raft or coolers or containers if you have room. They all come in different sizes and prices.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You don't and won't expect to keep your meat dry on a packraft. BUT, water and wind cool meat (and us) 25X faster than still dry air alone, so it actually helps COOL your meat on the drift if it does get wet. The big chore is when not floating meat care becomes the be all end all quest for meat preservation. When I'm packrafting with meat, it gets wet...but in camp the meat all comes out of game bags and the bags get dried and meat laid out open to air and shaded to dry as much as humidity and air speed allow until bedtime, then bagged and tarped with airflow guaranteed. rinse and repeat until you're off the float.

BTW, i posted Project Bloodtrail on my Youtube for free, don't buy it!