MR Belt Pouches On Kifaru

Anyone using Mystery Ranch belt pouches on their kifaru pack? The MR one look good and half he price. I cant bring myself to pay $60 for kifaru belt pouches... If anyone has tried the MRs can you tell me if they attach nicely and do you have a photo you could share?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone using Mystery Ranch belt pouches on their kifaru pack? The MR one look good and half he price. I cant bring myself to pay $60 for kifaru belt pouches... If anyone has tried the MRs can you tell me if they attach nicely and do you have a photo you could share?

I'm at the sheep show now and Kifaru/mystery ranch are across from each other..... I'll check today.

They and many others will work just fine. I am the biggest fan of Kifaru packs but fully agree on the belt pouches. Grossly overpriced.

bbrown

WKR
Keep in mind the MR pouches are only 5"x4" by 1.5" deep while the small kifaru pouch is 8"x4" by 1.5". Do agree that the pouches could be cheaper though

OP
jquarnberg
Keep in mind the MR pouches are only 5"x4" by 1.5" deep while the small kifaru pouch is 8"x4" by 1.5". Do agree that the pouches could be cheaper though

I hear ya.. the MR seem like they would be just a touch small...

Really the $32 price tag on the kifaru pouch should be for a pair. They are double a reasonable price. Ha.

Last edited:

bigfish b.c

Lil-Rokslider
I hear ya.. the MR seem like they would be just a touch small...

Really the $32 price tag on the kifaru pouch should be for a pair. They are double a reasonable price. Ha.

smaller stuff like the pouches are harder to make so cost is relative to man hour time not just material.

OP
jquarnberg
I hear ya. But MR is doing the same thing (US made with a sewing machine, with quality materials, etc) I think it would be safe to assume that MR belt pouches takes a pretty similar amount of time as the Kifaru ones? One is $15 one is $32 so it seems fair to call the kifaru belt pouches overpriced...

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not going to deny they're expensive, but I will say that the cost of getting the 4 connection points attached is where the additional cost comes from. Those need to be extremly strong, so it's a bit of a PITA for the sewers.

I hear ya. But MR is doing the same thing (US made with a sewing machine, with quality materials, etc) I think it would be safe to assume that MR belt pouches takes a pretty similar amount of time as the Kifaru ones? One is $15 one is $32 so it seems fair to call the kifaru belt pouches overpriced...

OP
jquarnberg
That makes sense... So much sense that it it would seem like a good move for Kifaru to make a simpler version of the waist belt model pouch. One that slides onto the 2 inch webbing on the belt that has the Velcro on the back (I have wondered what the velcro is for that is on the backside of that webbing on my bikini belt). Forget the attachment points I wouldn't think many really care to have the smaller belt pouches all that modular, they stay on the belt... I can see spending 30 something for the bigger ones that you can move around your pack but for a small belt pouch a cheaper simpler option would be ideal.

I put a MR on my bikini no problem. Got them bc of the price but really too small for most stuff. Couldn't even put in my range finder. OK for some cow calls or snack bars. I think the Kifaru small is about the perfect size for waist belt.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
That makes sense... So much sense that it it would seem like a good move for Kifaru to make a simpler version of the waist belt model pouch. One that slides onto the 2 inch webbing on the belt that has the Velcro on the back (I have wondered what the velcro is for that is on the backside of that webbing on my bikini belt). Forget the attachment points I wouldn't think many really care to have the smaller belt pouches all that modular, they stay on the belt... I can see spending 30 something for the bigger ones that you can move around your pack but for a small belt pouch a cheaper simpler option would be ideal.

A chamber pocket costs $10, is about the same size as the MR and fits nicely on the belt....

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Copy that!

OP
jquarnberg
I put a MR on my bikini no problem. Got them bc of the price but really too small for most stuff. Couldn't even put in my range finder. OK for some cow calls or snack bars. I think the Kifaru small is about the perfect size for waist belt.

Thanks for the heads up. That is what I am worried about. In looking at the kifaru smalls and the MR I can see I would prefer the kifaru size. I want to be able to fit my radio and RF in there.

dotman

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. That is what I am worried about. In looking at the kifaru smalls and the MR I can see I would prefer the kifaru size. I want to be able to fit my radio and RF in there.

Might as well try a chamber pocket as suggested? They come in multiple sizes. I personally think the kifaru pockets are great and they hold their value, the attachment system is rock solid and I would hate to see that given up for a cheaper price point.

I bet there is a cheaper option in a tactical line somewhere, quality probably will not be as good but may be ok and resale may be nothing but sounds like a cheap $10 - $15 item with Velcro or malice clips option is what you are looking for and with tactical being so popular I bet there us something out there that would meet your needs in that price range.

Last edited: