MuleyFreak in Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Erik from MuleyFreak broke some laws and lost his hunting privileges for 22 months? Anyone else have any other info or is this old news?

jmcd22

WKR
Sounds like what the hushin guy did in Idaho. Trespassing on private, while sponsored by OnX. Hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think that was it. I am almost certain he was fined for not having the archery stamp for Idaho.

As for Erik, I met him randomly in the hills...seemed like a nice guy. Would be too bad if he did get in trouble for something.

I like to think these guys are ethical and do the right thing...and then I am reminded of Kurt Darner or that Browning guy that got caught shooting animals in Yellowstone (I believe it was a Browning guy)

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like what the hushin guy did in Idaho. Trespassing on private, while sponsored by OnX. Hah

As stated, I believe it was a pretty minor violation of not having a bow stamp, but if it was trespassing I'd like to see where you got that info, could you share please?

Not minimizing the bow stamp violation but pretty sure it was an honest mistake that he won't make again.

ODB

WKR
I dont think that was it. I am almost certain he was fined for not having the archery stamp for Idaho.

As for Erik, I met him randomly in the hills...seemed like a nice guy. Would be too bad if he did get in trouble for something.

I like to think these guys are ethical and do the right thing...and then I am reminded of Kurt Darner or that Browning guy that got caught shooting animals in Yellowstone (I believe it was a Browning guy)

That would be Don Lewis, if we are on the same wavelength.

I always thought he new crop of enlightened hunters were THE models of ethical hunters. Hmm... and so castles made of sand...

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Another day, another thing to make me disappointed to live in Utah again. Why!

Apparently he is threatening anyone who posts about it with legal action for defamation. Not the right approach in my book. He depends on us hunters to support his business.
Own up to what you did, explain yourself, apologize, do something to help the hunting community/conservation is about the only shot they have to save the business. Can't shoot yourself in the foot and wreck your literal only customer base.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ya I recall it was the archery stamp, but at the time it happened I was hunting with some guys that knew the F&G officer. Not going into details but it most definitely put a bad taste in my mouth.

Ya I recall it was the archery stamp, but at the time it happened I was hunting with some guys that knew the F&G officer. Not going into details but it most definitely put a bad taste in my mouth.

Which guy? Hushin or MuleyFreak?

There was a thread about this on monster muleys. Someone over there had more information showing this wasn't his first offence, supposedly his first time being charged was in '07. If it was in fact a repeat offence, 22 months is very light.

There was a document I guess the sentencing document- posted along with the list of charges which mentioned “the mitigating circumstances outweighed the aggravating circumstances” blah blah blah

Anybody have details on Muley Freak situation aside from the documents that have been posted online?

Would love to know the rest of this story. Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post publicly....

Status
Not open for further replies.