Muzzleloader Scope and Mount?

BCD

WKR
I'm looking for a scope and mount for my TC Triumph. I will likely never shoot over 150 yards. Any suggestions?

Thank You!

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty sure all the TC muzzleloaders share the same bolt pattern. I doubt there is a wrong answer here. Given a choice I always go Warne tactical base, however it appears they don't make one. The only one they offer only has two slot options, which I hate when companies do that. Instead I would suggest the EGW base. Again there's really no wrong answer on rings, but I always go for Warne vertical split. You can probably use low height.

Scopes, don't cheap out, but no need for anything high dollar. A leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x is as good as it gets. The VX-1 is great too used. I have a 1-4x on every rifle or slug gun I have that wont see shots past 200 yards. I wouldn't go for a 2-7x unless I was going for 300 yard shots, but that's only my opinion.

I recently put an SWFA 1-4x on an AR and think it would make a solid muzzleloader scope. It's got some extra stuff going on in the reticle but I found it easy to ignore the clutter. Cheap and easy to shoot with both eyes open.

Mt4+4

FNG
I have had a leupold vx II 3-9 on my tc encore ml for 7 years now and it has held zero so far. I cant say i was in a situation yet where 3 power on the low end was to much magnification .

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a leupold vx II 3-9 on my tc encore ml for 7 years now and it has held zero so far. I cant say i was in a situation yet where 3 power on the low end was to much magnification .
You will probably be fine. I had a trotting deer last year at 40 yards that was almost lost in my 4x of my 4-12x scope on my rifle, but it still worked. Realistically 3x is just fine at 30 yards and farther, and a standing still deer is still killable at closer ranges than that.

That said, being as he doesn't already own the scope, there's no reason to handicap himself. 4x is more than is needed for 150 yards, and having that 1x on the low end is fantastic for those 50 yard and closer shots. Some people prefer a 2-7x which is personal preference. Nothing wrong with a red dot either, although a cheaper 2moa dot is kind of tough for those 150 yard shots. More expensive red dots work really well.