My tank (does not) runneth over...

WKR
Set a blind over a windmill/tank a couple weeks ago. The rancher had the windmill off and the tank was mostly emlty, had less than a foot of water in it. He said he'd turn it on so there would be water in the tank and our blind should be sitting pretty...

So, we come out here opening morning and he never turned on the windmill...

I flipped the brake off and jts running nicely now, but we take a day or two to get it full, and maybe longer before the goats re discover it. Dang it.

On the bright side, the rythmic sounds of the windmill and running water make this blind about the most peaceful place in the world right now and Im in here with my 2 little girls. Ok, medium girls I guess, 11 and 13.

I'm HOPING that the sounds and movement of the windmill will signal fresh water and bring us some goats... Wishful thinking.

wytx

WKR
Have no fear, they will find it. We're so dry I bet they smell that water a mile away.
Good luck to you, get a nice one !

Reactions: 307

Mythewood

FNG
Good luck!

Couple years ago I found a stagnant tank with dead critters in the slime that antelope would look at but not drink from. I inspected it closer and noticed it had a float switch that was stuck in the open position. I freed it up, got water flowing, removed the dead critters, and killed my first antelope with a stick bow 2 days later.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
Your post makes me nostalgic many of the tanks I hunt anymore are powered by solar pumps. There was always something peaceful about the wind pumping water I still hunt a few but every year 2 or 3 more are replaced. Good Luck to you I hope you kill a big buck with your daughters and create a great memory.