Mystery Ranch shoulder harness sizing - in between sizes

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking about picking up a new Metcalf. I have an 18 inch torso.

The sizing for the harnesses is 15-20 in for the small/medium and 17-24 for the large/xl. I called Mystery Ranch like the website says to do if you're in between sizes and they just told me that it doesn't matter - go with the size with the hipbelt that I need. Not a super helpful answer, especially because their hipbelts can be swapped out for the best fit.

Like I said, my torso length is 18 inches. I'm 5'10 and 190 lbs - I wear a size large t shirt. For any guys who have been in that in-between range, what worked best for you?

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I was the same and in between yoke sizes. One thing I found on my MR pack when trying to dial it in was the lower portion of the yoke ( on the larger size) extended under the top portion of the waist belt, creating an uncomfortable pressure point. Going to a shorter yoke didn't seem to work. So I just trimmed off bottom portion of the larger yoke that was giving me greif and had my wife sew it closed.

Two years on it now with countless hours and loads and haven't had to adjust it since.

jgilber5

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'1 180 and about 18.5 in torso. I ended up getting the larger to get the frame heights I needed to really lift weight off the shoulders but had to downsize belts. But honestly pack fit is so important, I'd order em both and keep the one that works best.