Mystery Ranch Terraframe

I recently decided I'm going on my first elk hunt in 2021, a 5-7 day backpack hunt in CO. We'll have an outfitter pack an elk out if we kill one. Is this pack a deal that I shouldn't pass up, or should I shop around? I didn't know if this pack would have adequate capacity, but it does have the expansion feature...
This pack has around 3000 ci of space. For me that is great for days, but I take more than most. For 5-7 days I would want a bigger pack. The MR Metcalf is 4000ci and the Marshal a massive 6400. I would look at one of these for a week trip. If I am out longer than a few days I take my Frontier Gear of Alaska Yukon (Barney's Pack). I could pack all my gear and my son of the mountain with that thing.

This pack has around 3000 ci of space. For me that is great for days, but I take more than most. For 5-7 days I would want a bigger pack. The MR Metcalf is 4000ci and the Marshal a massive 6400. I would look at one of these for a week trip. If I am out longer than a few days I take my Frontier Gear of Alaska Yukon (Barney's Pack). I could pack all my gear and my son of the mountain with that thing.

I like the smaller ci packs but for a week trip I’d be wanting 4,000-5,000 ci. I do mostly shorter trips than a week and like 3000.

I like the smaller ci packs but for a week trip I’d be wanting 4,000-5,000 ci. I do mostly shorter trips than a week and like 3000.
I don't have the TF-50. I have the Selway. The Selway is very similar but is a bit larger. It is 3800 ci. I think the Selway is ideal for overnight to about 3 days. I set it up for a lid and with that attached it is 4700 ci . I could do a week with that but have not yet. We packed for a week once but had to come out early because all the springs were dried up and we ran out of water. The TF-50 should be a great deal if you are looking for a day pack or 1-3 day pack. I am sure the Selway would be better for hunting but we are talking features for money and at $200.00 you are getting a deal. You might want to look for a deal on a Pintler, which is a smaller Selway (2500 ci), or perhaps the Cabinet (2685), a very versatile panel pack that works great as a day pack / meat hauler, but can be expanded to carry almost 5000 ci of gear. https://www.mysteryranch.com/pintler-pack

I just got my pack delivered and REI left a ink security tag on it and their only support does not know how to handle........

I have an original terraframe that is now discontinued by MR. I did just two ten day trips with it in Oregon with no issues. The ability to separate the bag from the frame was extremely useful and it carried the 45-50lbs I had comfortably. EB5EB6DF-5BF2-45D5-9573-A23FAC4B9385.jpeg

I just got my pack delivered and REI left a ink security tag on it and their only support does not know how to handle........
Really? I would think at the least they would direct you to a retail location where they could remove it.

Back