NC FNG

Hey Guys. FNG from the piedmont region of NC here. I’ve been deer hunting public land for the last few years and I’m using this forum to research gear and concepts for my first backcountry mountain hunt next year in the NC mountains. You guys have an awesome and knowledgeable community here. I’m looking forward to lurking and occasionally posting for years to come.

Joel

Welcome Joel. FNG from southeastern NC here. Been doing multi-day solo backcountry hunts in the Appalachians for years. Rokslide will be a great source of info to help you refine your gear. Feel free to PM (once we can) if you have questions about equipment, etc.
Jeff

Hey Guys. FNG from the piedmont region of NC here. I’ve been deer hunting public land for the last few years and I’m using this forum to research gear and concepts for my first backcountry mountain hunt next year in the NC mountains. You guys have an awesome and knowledgeable community here. I’m looking forward to lurking and occasionally posting for years to come.

Joel
Another FNG from NC here, in the Triad and also trying to hunt the mountains this coming season. I want to try saddle hunting for the first time this year, in Nantahala.

OP
J
Hey guys. For some reason I only just got a notification for these. I primarily hunt Uwharrie but I didn’t make it as far out of town as I originally hoped for this past season. I’ve been tuning my gear and already getting ready for next year. I’ve got a one sticking setup for saddle hunting and I’ve worked out a new system for my normal 4 sticks and platform.

Lowg08

WKR
I hunt the mountains in NC as well. I am
Born and raised here. If you run into some questions give me a shout