New Aoudad Hunter Seeking Feedback

Guystoid

FNG
I am fairly new to Aoudad hunting. Last year my father and I went on an Aoudad hunt near the big bend area of Texas. I was fortunate enough to harvest a nice ram but unfortunately my dad and I couldn’t turn any sheep up for him.

To sum it up, I would really like to try the hunt again with my father in a situation that is more fitting of our hunting style. We are looking for ranchers/outfitters that have large expansive tracts of some of the nastiest terrain you can imagine to find Aoudad in. We just want the chance to hike a lot of country, camp out, unguided, and have the chance to harvest mature Aoudad rams.

Would anyone be kind enough to share a few potential outfits/ranches that would fit that description? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2D099167-4A34-469F-A099-514CCFDBA381.jpeg
    2D099167-4A34-469F-A099-514CCFDBA381.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 111

schmalzy

WKR
I am fairly new to Aoudad hunting. Last year my father and I went on an Aoudad hunt near the big bend area of Texas. I was fortunate enough to harvest a nice ram but unfortunately my dad and I couldn’t turn any sheep up for him.

To sum it up, I would really like to try the hunt again with my father in a situation that is more fitting of our hunting style. We are looking for ranchers/outfitters that have large expansive tracts of some of the nastiest terrain you can imagine to find Aoudad in. We just want the chance to hike a lot of country, camp out, unguided, and have the chance to harvest mature Aoudad rams.

Would anyone be kind enough to share a few potential outfits/ranches that would fit that description? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Going to be tough to find unguided in TX. Mike at WTHO offers an unguided hunt but it books up quick. I did it last year and was unsuccessful but would definitely do it again, was a lot of fun.

In for the responses to know if anyone else offers unguided hunts that aren’t over feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTHO is where you need to look. Contact him and let him know your wants/needs. He gets cancelations occasionally, even for the DYI stuff. I personally wouldn’t look any further. I hunted guided with him but his non-guided hunters are typically very very successful.

Last edited:
OP
G

Guystoid

FNG
Going to be tough to find unguided in TX. Mike at WTHO offers an unguided hunt but it books up quick. I did it last year and was unsuccessful but would definitely do it again, was a lot of fun.

In for the responses to know if anyone else offers unguided hunts that aren’t over feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent. Thank you for the advice. I will give them a call.

OP
G

Guystoid

FNG
WTHO is where you need to look. Contact him and let him know you wants/needs. He gets can relations frequently, even for the DYI stuff. I personally wouldn’t look any further. I hunted guided with him but his non-guided hunters are typically very very successful.
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate the shortened learning curve.

PRC_GUY

WKR
I want to Texas last year and hunt with Ross coffe, he is a good guide

Attachments

• 4BE1440F-1442-431B-80C4-96BC82CE0FEF.jpeg
    4BE1440F-1442-431B-80C4-96BC82CE0FEF.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 55

S-3 ranch

WKR
try looking south of marfa on OnX hunt maps, lots of different owners that might consider selling some aoudad for diy hunt that don’t lease out to outfitters, mr sasser might if you contacted him, shoot lots of ewes &1/2 grown lambs! also after getting a ram, good eating if iced down quickly

Last edited:

JasonM

FNG
West Texas Hunt Organization

They are legit.

Buddy and I doubled up to two nice ones first morning

12 yr old 31” left
13 yr old 32.5” right (and broomed on one side)
IMG_0661.jpeg