New Durston Tent

ianpadron

WKR
Don’t know much about either company or who created what first. However, I’ll be purchasing this tent. Excited to use a tent with TNT fabric. Should be released shortly.

It's pretty well understood that Durston was the first to bring the offset inner to the backpacking tent world.

What's the reasoning behind wanting the TarpTent instead? I've heard good things about their tents.

ianpadron

WKR
Said competitor already has pictures up on theirs. I've already read that on Dan's page. There's not ten percent difference between his tents and tarptents that he modeled his off of. He should know how the game is played by this point.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

What tent design are you claiming Durston ripped off?

The X-Mid interior was a pretty dramatic break from conventional trekking pole tent design, especially in practical use... the interior space really is unrivaled in that class

It's pretty well understood that Durston was the first to bring the offset inner to the backpacking tent world.

What's the reasoning behind wanting the TarpTent instead? I've heard good things about their tents.
Mostly TNT fabric and availability. Don’t believe Dan’s design is being released till 2nd quarter of 2024. He’s only posted prototype drawings so far.

ianpadron

WKR
Mostly TNT fabric and availability. Don’t believe Dan’s design is being released till 2nd quarter of 2024. He’s only posted prototype drawings so far.
Got it. I've been patiently waiting for some actual photos of the X Dome.

That TNT fabric seems really interesting, this is my first time reading about it...seems like all the pros of DCF with none of the cons...how do you beat that?!