New Member from Oregon

Hello!
I am new to the forum. I have lurked for a long time.
I have been a shooter and hunter for a while now. Research and buying a scope for my latest build brought me here.

I purchased a Savage Ultralite in 7PRC (left-handed) that is due to my FFL next week. It will be my second one; the first was a 6.5PRC. I loved everything about the rifle except the stock. So this time around, I purchased a Pure Precision stock for it.

I am on the hunt for an optic now.
I was torn on two paths.. stick with a VX5/6, custom turret, and call it good
OR
Go with something FFP and a little more featured to have it do some dual purpose.

The primary purpose of the rifle is to hunt, but it's capable of having some fun range time as well.
I am planning on attending a LR course (by a company called MOA Rifles) this summer, and the second option would work much better for that.

I'm currently looking for a Mark 5HD 3.6-18. The Veteran price direct from Leupold is great, if you can ever find it in stock. I know there are some poor experiences with them on this forum, but people in my circles have had good experiences, and it's great to support a local company.
I like the NF SHV 4-14 or NX8 2.5-20' but I am concerned about weight. I have seen good things about the Triji tenmile FFP. but.. I don't know how much I trust their non-red dot/acog optics. Plus their limited warranty.

Anyway.. wanted to make a post to help get enough flair to play in the classifieds.

Thanks!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new OR member.

Eddie

P.S. A most informative intro gets you the the FNG ⭐ for the day. Bravo Zulu.