Newbie from British Columbia

Bootenay

FNG
Hello,
Just a small intro, I’ve been following this forum for a while but decided it’s time to jump in.
Figured I’d share some of my favourite pics from a great hunt a couple years ago.
8km hike into a non motorized area. 10 days and 4 guys. G bears, bison, Elk, goats, sheep, moose and incredible fishing. Couldn’t have asked for a better trip!F097F014-39EE-4EB6-AB08-68835DAAB2E4.jpeg2F91469C-61CD-4125-81A5-830A090CA4F2.jpeg

AKDoc

WKR
Welcome neighbor!

Sounds like a wonderful and adventurous experience...thank you for sharing it with us! Sure sounds like you were out there doing it, enjoying it, and getting it done...priceless!

I can sure relate to the photo images you shared...and my shoulders/back still remember, too! An 8k hump is serious distance for those heavy meat loads! No doubt you're glad that job was divided by four!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
Bootenay

Bootenay

FNG
Welcome neighbor!

Sounds like a wonderful and adventurous experience...thank you for sharing it with us! Sure sounds like you were out there doing it, enjoying it, and getting it done...priceless!

I can sure relate to the photo images you shared...and my shoulders/back still remember, too! An 8k hump is serious distance for those heavy meat loads! No doubt you're glad that job was divided by four!
Well three anyway lol. 2 trips each for three of us, one of the team strained his Achilles so he was given sleeping bags, pillows, camp gear etc... to pack out.
It wasn’t as bad as I imagined it would be, I have to admit backpacking for moose seemed a little crazy at first but definitely would do it again.
Thanks for the welcome!

Jimbob

WKR
Very cool. I have done a bunch of sheep and goat backpack hunts but not for moose yet, that is awesome. Lots to learn here and I bet you will have a bunch to contribute as well.

mooster

WKR
congrats! and amazed that someone is packing the head and a full quarter at the same time!?!? holy cow, respect for that guy!

OP
Bootenay

Bootenay

FNG
congrats! and amazed that someone is packing the head and a full quarter at the same time!?!? holy cow, respect for that guy!
That’s me. It was a hind quarter, some gear and capped skull. We didn’t weight anything but estimated between gear and moose that we had to walk out roughly 650-700lb. leg bones were the only bone that we left in. 7 loads total to get it out. I used to be a meat cutter so my partners and I processed it and it never saw a scale.
It was heavy for sure.