Newfoundland hotel options

boneshed

FNG
We are moose hunting in Newfoundland 2024 the outfitter said to book 2 nights in Deer lake hotel 1 night before hunt and 1 night after to make sure meat is processed. Any opinions on the 2 options Holloday inn express or Deer Lake motel? Looks like Motel is closer to convenience stores but lower rating.

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last October. It's good, what you'd expect.

Nothing in town is much more than a 10 minute drive. We were killing time waiting out the hurricane last year and decided we'd "explore the town" for the afternoon...45 minutes later were buying beer to play cards back in the hotel room.

OP
B

boneshed

FNG
Any convenience stores within walking distance of the Holiday Inn? We will be flying in I think not sure if our outfitter will pick us up at the airport and drop us off at motel or if we need a taxi.

tntrker

WKR
Stayed at Deer Lake motel and it was ok. Nothing negative to say about it. I walked to a store, and resturant no issues.

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
There is a pizza/wings place near the Holiday. The convenient stores would be a pretty good hike.

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
I stayed at deer lake motel in 2021.
Decent hotel… clean… had a small hotel bar… restaurant was good and gas station was across road