Night vision scope white out

BDzio

FNG
I am slowly getting the hang of varmint hunting with night vision. the issue I am having is i get severe white out when i shoot to a point where a follow up shot is not an option. i currently have an A2 flash hider and I know that's the issue because it's kicking all the gases up. A suppressor the obvious choice but I am not in a position to buy one right now so i am trying to find any rigging that will help reduce it. I ordered a flash can to see if it can kick the gases forward but I wanted to see if anyone has a fix? i tried mounting the light to the front and my scope cant pick up the light near as well and i still have the issue either way.

Flash can not gonna work. 2 west’s to subdue it. Hunt with 5+mph wind in face. Reload with a fast powder that burns out 6-8” before exit barrel.

How about a Noveski KX5 flash hider? Its kinda like a mini single baffle silencer .. i.e. its enclosed so no gasses leak out the sides like a traditional flash hider? I haven't tried it with NV .. might be worth trying if you can borrow one to try it ?

gman82001

WKR
Time the flashider upside down if your not planning to lay prone it’d be the cheapest easiest way to start

OP
B

BDzio

FNG
thanks for the advice. I tuned the hider upside down. will report later

Mount your ir light out on the front as far as you can and underneath the barrel. You will still get a little splash but only a second or two. I have made multiple double and triple kills after relocating the light to the front.