Nightforce Schematics anywhere?

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m having a hard time seeing what more you could need than the overall length and the tube length, front and rear, but I’m happy to take any measurements you may need off mine.

Can someone with a baby nxs mounted on a Tikka just post a picture of it for 2 sticks? Bonus points if it's in sportsmatch rings lol

OP
2-Stix

2-Stix

WKR
I’m having a hard time seeing what more you could need than the overall length and the tube length, front and rear, but I’m happy to take any measurements you may need off mine.
I can take the measurements off my setup now and calc the difference to know what will happen with the eye relief and where it will mount.

I have a VX3 and looking at a NXS 2.5-10x42

Length of scope is 1/2" different, eye relife is 1.5" different, and mounting space is 1" different between the 2 scopes. I set my scopes at 11" from the but stock. Oregonmuley did give me a measurement of his setup that was helpful.

It is possible the scope will sit 2-3" away from where I have mine now with the eye relief taken into consideration.

if you use sportsmatch or UM rings, the dovetail rail will give you plenty of flexibility to get things where you need.

OP
2-Stix

2-Stix

WKR
if you use sportsmatch or UM rings, the dovetail rail will give you plenty of flexibility to get things where you need.
I think your right. I ordered some UM rings. I do think the scope will sit pretty far back and might make an odd looking set up and balanced rifle.

Right now its 11" from but to occular with a 4.4" eye relief with the VX3. The NXS is 1/2" shorter, 1" les mounting space (but the UM should get around that) and a 3.1" eye relief.

The 3.5-15 might be the only way to go if so...but I was hopeful for only a 10oz weight upgrade.

SDHNTR

WKR
I can take the measurements off my setup now and calc the difference to know what will happen with the eye relief and where it will mount.

I have a VX3 and looking at a NXS 2.5-10x42

Length of scope is 1/2" different, eye relife is 1.5" different, and mounting space is 1" different between the 2 scopes. I set my scopes at 11" from the but stock. Oregonmuley did give me a measurement of his setup that was helpful.

It is possible the scope will sit 2-3" away from where I have mine now with the eye relief taken into consideration.
eye relief is 1.5" different? huh? You're overthinking this. Put the scope on a rail and go.

OP
2-Stix

2-Stix

WKR
eye relief is 1.5" different? huh? You're overthinking this. Put the scope on a rail and go.
I know exactly how I like my rilfes set up...I wish I was a set it up and go...but thats just not the type of guy I am.

amassi

WKR
I think your right. I ordered some UM rings. I do think the scope will sit pretty far back and might make an odd looking set up and balanced rifle.

Right now its 11" from but to occular with a 4.4" eye relief with the VX3. The NXS is 1/2" shorter, 1" les mounting space (but the UM should get around that) and a 3.1" eye relief.

The 3.5-15 might be the only way to go if so...but I was hopeful for only a 10oz weight upgrade.

You could always drop your tikka in a compact stock and use spacers to adjust eye relief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
2-Stix

2-Stix

WKR
You could always drop your tikka in a compact stock and use spacers to adjust eye relief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking that as well. I have a compact stock on my 6.5 I built for my kids. If I can not get the proper mounting and eye relief on the 308 I was going to put the scope on that rifle.