Ohio boy living in Utah

JBubs

FNG
Hey guys and gals New guy here, been a long time lurker, and my good buddy and hunter partner is a active member. Looking to learn more and add tools to the kit. Grew up in Ohio, joined the Air Force, moved all over and landed in Utah. Going to school to learn how to not crash helicopters, and loving life out west. I prefer to hunt archery but enjoy shooting rifles too.

Jake

OP
J

JBubs

FNG
Welcome. Did you land in the southern part of the state at the helicopter school at SUU?
No, I am up in Logan at USU. Much happier up here, the program is small and personal, more intimate for a lack of better terms. I like the Logan area a lot better then Cedar City too.

Wolfxx5

FNG
Welcome! Ohio boy who moved to Idaho after high school, and now in alaska!

OP
J

JBubs

FNG
Welcome! Ohio boy who moved to Idaho after high school, and now in alaska!
Nice! I might end up in AK, got to visit for a few weeks and really enjoyed it, but that was in Sept/Oct time frame so might be jaded. hahaha

Lots of aviation jobs up there. My helicopter instructor is planning on heading that way in the spring timeframe so I will see how it goes for him.

Wolfxx5

FNG
Nice! I might end up in AK, got to visit for a few weeks and really enjoyed it, but that was in Sept/Oct time frame so might be jaded. hahaha

Lots of aviation jobs up there. My helicopter instructor is planning on heading that way in the spring timeframe so I will see how it goes for him.
First time I visited was dead in the middle of July, and I spent 90% of my time on the Kenai peninsula. Definitely honey potted the wife lol. Planning on getting my private pilot license while I’m here as well. Good luck to you!