Oklahoma Hogs - Buckshot legal?

cnelk

WKR
Any Roksliders in Oklahoma that can answer a question?

I was hoping to bring my 12ga with buckshot to Oklahoma to hunt hogs on public land.

Upon reading the Regs, looks like buckshot is only legal on private land?

Correct?

D9DFEA32-0190-4643-8212-80F2D692AC24.jpeg

ccc9092

FNG
This is an old post but I live in Oklahoma, yes that’s correct. They could care less what your shoot them with here, there’s no season or limit on the suckers but oddly most public lands here do not allow pig hunting. That said, if you ever make your way to S Oklahoma, give me a shout and you’re welcome to hunt my land and kill as many as you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
This is an old post but I live in Oklahoma, yes that’s correct. They could care less what your shoot them with here, there’s no season or limit on the suckers but oddly most public lands here do not allow pig hunting. That said, if you ever make your way to S Oklahoma, give me a shout and you’re welcome to hunt my land and kill as many as you’d like.

Thanks for the reply!

We actually did go down to S Okla and shoot a few pigs on public land back in March.

I’ll be in touch next spring!

CCA393E2-0FED-426C-9D1E-37583C15ECD4.jpeg

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been teaching my daughter: “what do you shoot a feral hog with?” “Whatever’s in your hand.” Does that not apply everywhere? 🤣

I was under the impression that there was pig hunting allowed on much of the public land but couldn't do it during certain seasons etc. Thanks for the info I'll do more research if I change areas. I had made a trip down to one WMA in March and it was allowed there. No bait and no lights and not during many of the open seasons etc. But the rest of the time it was okay. I may have gotten lucky with the area I picked! I did see some areas I looked at were closed to it due to the DNR was trapping and flying helicopters etc.

All that said I didn't connect, but did have 1 opportunity in 3 days and 30 miles. Was a lot rougher terrain than I had anticipated and found pigs are not afraid of elevation change!!! As soon as I get crops planted I'm planning on trying it again. Would like to connect on a few here before to awful long!!